Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia. Every now-and-then (more "now'

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia. Every now-and-then (more "now' than 'then' lately), the TRAC-OFF, VSC TRAC light comes on an the truck veers. I've had this replaced several times in the past. I'm told it's known defect, but a recall on this is unlikely. What is the cost to fix this issue?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 8 months ago.
Hello, what has already been replaced to fix this? Do you have any actual diagnostic codes?In most cases this is caused by the abs computer under the hood, it controls abs,trac and vsc, but without specific codes can't be 100%sure but it's the most common and I have replaced many of these. It may be worth a try to call the dealer and give them the VIN# ***** see if there is still a recall, Toyota changes and updates recalls a lot .
The problem could also be a steering angle sensor, it depends on the actual codes and following diagnostic procedures, if the abs computer needs to be replaced it's about $2000 for the part.