sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ***** ***** The issue is tne key will not turn on

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** The issue is tne key will not turn on my solara
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: turned off the car in my driveway went to garage door got back into the car the key wont turn
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It's possible that the steering column may simply be locked in a way that is keeping pressure on the interlock linkage and i preventing the key from turning, or you may have a stuck tumbler in the lock cylinder.First ensure the column lock isn't causing the issue. If the column is locked you will likely note you're able to turn the wheel slightly in one direction and there is a hard lock in the other direction. Turn the wheel with one hand in the direction that it does move, and at the same time try turning the key with your other hand. Will the key then turn?