mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

My 2000 toyota 4runner started having problems where I would

Customer Question

My 2000 toyota 4runner started having problems where I would press the gas, and the engine would rev, but the wheels would not move. Sometimes the truck would engage and move, sometimes the engine would just rev.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started first just in the mornings, which here in California, are not that cold, but I would reverse into the street, and then shift to drive and the car would really drag. There wouldnt be any power there, until it kind of clunked in and would work after that. And would work well for the rest of the day. This may be separate, but also in the am I would turn the key to start the car, it would start, but the idle wouldnt engage and the car would die. I would need to start up the car again, and press the gas for a while for the car to stay on idle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.
have you checked your transmission fluid on your truck sounds like you might be low on fluid.