Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified

My car has a grinding sound when the gas pedal is pressed.

Customer Question

My car has a grinding sound when the gas pedal is pressed. 2008 Toyota Camry
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.
Hello, thanks for postingIs this noise there when driving or only in park/neutrtal?Is it a 4 cylinder or V6?Has anything been tried yet to fix this or any repair work done recently?Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
V4 when driving only
Just started making the noise
Thanks for the replySo the noise is only when driving and you say it's during acceleration. There are a couple of things that can cause this type of noise, it it's at low speeds only it's most likely a tire noise, check the tire tread wear fo uneven wera or a choppy looking tread. If the noise is at higher speeds and increases with road speeds you may have a bad wheel/axle bearing