Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

2000 Toyota echo starts and runs sec. and dies when

Customer Question

2000 Toyota echo starts and runs for 3 sec. and dies when it gets warm runs ok
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for the engine to start and stay running you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. When the engine dies can you determine which one you are loosing, If you give it more gas will it stay running? Post back with this information and I will see if I can help you with this. It would also be useful if you could scan the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting and post back with those as well.