Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Sienna: i i have04 toyota van , check engine code#po301

Customer Question

hi i i have04 toyota van , check engine code#po301 po302 p0303 p0304 p0305 . i already replaced 6 ignition coil (2 time), 6 sparkplug, mass air flow, 2 injector(cyl 2 & 4), fuel pressure regulator, crank sensor, check timing belt. please helphi
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Sienna.How and when did all this start happening?What brand spark plugs and ignition coils are you using?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

hi when i scan a lot of misfire codes, at first i bough all six coil from ebay. next i bought six coils and good $9 each sparkplug from orrelly. third i take the 6 ignition coils and sparkplug from my 2005 lexus es330 to exchange( my lexus have no code). moreover everytime i accelerated to over 65, the vehicle start shaking a little bit before turn on the code. please help

What brand spark plugs?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

thank you for helping us the sparkplug is NGK LAYER PART # ***** THANK

I see that you replaced many parts. Are you getting any other codes besides these misfire code?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hi only the misfire code. offten are the codes p301, p302 p303, p304 never po306. some of ignition coil connector is broken a little bit. ithe crank sensor has a sign of belt sticking on it. thus i opened the timing belt and check for the high draulic timing belt adjuster leaking and didn't see any sign of leaking.please help

I'm kinda at a loss on this so please allow me to open it back up for other Experts to chime in here. Please do not reply back or it will lock the question back to me. Thanks.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Different expert here. Please allow me to add some input. This vehicle is designed to run properly with Nippondenso spark plugs. Before I did anything else, I would go to a Toyota dealership parts department and purchase a set of Nippondenso plugs and install them. I would also ask at this time how many miles are on the timing belt. Thanks