roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a Toyota Corolla LE 2010. Does the spare tire (not full

Customer Question

I have a Toyota Corolla LE 2010. Does the spare tire (not full size) also have a TPMS sensor?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: The TPMS light is on. Minimum pressure for the regular 4 tires is 30.9 psi other 3 are over 31 psi. I did not check the spare. The regular 4 were checked with an ATEQ VT30 - all 4 responded with ok batteries.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: The TPMS comes on immediately once I start the car. No blinking.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist no, the spare does not have a sensor. it is intended for temporary use only. your tpms light will be on until the tire is repaired and re installed. once that is done it will go out after it re learns itself. Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand. I extracted the hex values from the car's cpu using an ATEQ Quickset. The 4 hex values I got matched tire-for-tire with values I got once I used an ATEQ VT30 to trigger each tire. So the cpu knows the IDs for all 4 tires correctly, but the TPMS light still comes on. And it doesn't blink but stays on immediately.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks for the info I assume you verified the tire pressure to the manufacturers specs??? if they are off more than 8 lbs, the light will come on Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tire pressure on the door jamb says 30 psi. The rear left tire was 30.9 psi, the other 3 were over 31 psi.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
did you even them up and drive it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - I can try that. I will inflate to 34 psi for all 4 and see what happens. I assume if the TPMS light stays on, I should take the car to my regular dealer? What bothers me is that from my experience if I have an issue with a TPMS ID or pressure, the light blinks first and then stays on. Now it doesn't do that - it stays on immediately, no blinking at all.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
ok, check under the dash for a re set switch. according to alldata some and I mean some models have a rest switch. turn the key on and hold the switch for 5 seconds. Roy
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy