Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Pearl, I was wondering if at idle, my engine knock was from

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I was wondering if at idle, my engine knock was from a bad plug. Its a 2016 Toyota Avalon with 500 miles...??
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: it.s six months old?? not sure..
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Knock occurs in Park...
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: could it be a bad oil pressure sensor, not getting the cam lifter
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: They turned me away, saying that it wasn't an issue..
JA: No worries. You and the mechanic can figure that out together.
Customer: it needs to get checked out, since the system is the vvt-i, complicated stuff..
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Good morning,The noise you are hearing could be normal, especially given the mileage.Is it more of a tick or an actual knock? High speed or low speed?Does it go away if you rev the engine a little?