mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Yesterday the passenger side sliding door stopped functioning

Customer Question

Yesterday the passenger side sliding door stopped functioning automatically. Now all it does is when we press power button, or use any handle in or out just sounds one semi long beep. We can still open and close manually without any problem. Any ideas of what's happening? Thxs in advance.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yea so far that's it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It's 2014 XLE model
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
the cable for the motor the coating on it cracks off and jams up the door motor itself and will need to be replaced. it is quite an involved process and i would recommend having the dealer perform this task as they do it more often than a local shop would and know how to perform the task better.