mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

2013 toyota highlander- battery appeared to be discharged.

Customer Question

2013 toyota highlander- battery appeared to be discharged. tried to start 3 times, then all instruments lights went blank. replaced battery, panel still dark. Has smart key system, changed key fob battery, still dark. checked for blown fuses, but didn't find any. What are the 2 long yellow strips in the fuse box? Please advise what to do next.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No. All systems are dead.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: New battery today.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Need help.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
those are multi fuses if one is out then you will have no power and it must be changed as a unit. to remove them you must dis assemble the fuse box to un bolt them. you will also want to ensure your battery terminals are secured tightly even a small disconnect and you will loose power to everything.