Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Own a totora prado 2012....when i press the lock function

Customer Question

Hi own a totora prado 2012....when i press the lock function on the smart key....don't get the alarm to beep and also dont get the lights to flash
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: ☺
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Dont get the beep and the lights no more
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Thats al
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a toyota prado fj150 2012 with smart key
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. On some models there is a setting that may be turned off in the drivers information center controls on the dash or steering wheel that may have disabled the lights or alarm sound to occur.If you have not checked to see if there is a setting to turn this off and on this needs done.If found turned off I would turn it on to see if this corrects the fault here.If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Mr..Pete. ...unfortunately my Toyota doesn't has those functions neither on the dashboard nor the steering wheel. is a pic o my car inside... it is a toyota f150 prado txl diesel 3000cc...automatic
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Does the radio have any of these functions at all to adjust these settings?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it doesn't. is a regular pioneer that came with the car when bought it new.....all those models come with that one
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
O.k.,I just wanted to check. This sounds like you have an internal electrical fault in the body computer.Usually it can fail with one or more of its circuits internally and will cause this issue like this here.The locking function may still operate properly but the lights and alarm will not indicate the locks have been activated or deactivated.I have seen body control modules/ecu's cause this fault here needing replaced.You will have to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.This will have to be done with either a scan tool that can plug into your model and check these codes or a dealers scan tool/computer.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate the fault.The signals are also usually checked from any body control module or receiver to see if it is at fault needing replaced using this scan tool plugged into your vehicle. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took it to the toyota dealer changed the body computer but it wont let it get programmed.....the problem remains 😕
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Are you saying they cannot program it at all when they tried or that is doesnt need programmed?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They can't program it when they tried
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Was a new body computer installed or a used one?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Used was deleted the entire info...and re programmed...some data won't go trough.....some yes
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Did the dealer tell you if this has to be replaced with a new one?I know some models a used one cannot be used even if the data is erased as it will set up and program and lock to one vehicle locking in the VIN and cannot be reprogrammed into another model.This sounds like the case here with this.I would have the dealer double check this to be sure this is the issue but it sounds like it can be from here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok Mr Pete ll ask the dealer to do so...and will let you know
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Sounds good. Thanks Pete