Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Car wouldn't start. Battery was dead. Hooked up jumper cables

Customer Question

Car wouldn't start. Battery was dead. Hooked up jumper cables to charge battery. Windows and lights work. Starter works but engine is not catching. Could it have something to do with the anti-theft?
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No, that is the problem. I've had it hooked up to another car for about 15 minutes now. Engine won't 'catch'.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: 2-3 years
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Thanks.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to help you with your no cran concern I am going to need to know what you working on, year make and model as well as engine size. Post back with complete information when you can and I will see if I can help you with this .