Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Chk engine light still coming on after replacing maf and sensor

Customer Question

chk engine light still coming on after replacing maf and sensor 1 bank 1 and gas cap. code reader now says o dtc.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes, chk eng light comes on after approx. 10 minutes of deiving at 40 mph. cleared code many times during two 40 min drives
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.The onboard computer (PCM) turns on the Check Engine Light (CEL) when a class A code is set. If there are no current codes in the PCM's memory, but still the CEL is on, then there is either a short-to-ground on the CEL circuit or the PCM is itself shorted.Best Regards.