Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My alarm wont go off. Disable battery and tried unlocking door

Customer Question

my alarm wont go off. Disable battery and tried unlocking door twice. Still wont go off.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: Not old. Msybe 3 or 4 years
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: My toggle key has bern broke for months but this key has always work. Have no other key
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI, Ok, open the driver door, place key in the ignition and turn to the on position. Now remove the negative battery cable for 60 seconds, then reconnect the battery. The alarm should sound for about 60 seconds and then turn off. Now cycle key to off, wait 5 seconds and then crank engine Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating