Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Need to replace alternator on my 2008 RAV4 2.4 L JA: Anything

Customer Question

Need to replace alternator on my 2008 RAV4 2.4 L
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Having trouble locating belt tension adjustment
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Rav4.This is a hydraulic tensioner system on this 2AZ engine. Here is the factory picture of the belt routing and how we replace the belt.and here is a video of someone performing a tensioner replacement on a Camry (same engine and set-up)as the video shows, it will be a 19mm socket needed to release tension. Does this make sense?