mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

What is DTC code P1080? JA: Thanks. Can you

Customer Question

***** *****, what is DTC code P1080?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: P1080 manufacturer specific powertrain code for 2005 Prius.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The previous owner claims to have replaced both the auxiliary battery and the traction battery. I cleared the code and the car
drove fine, but it comes back and seems like the mileage drops too.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am also not really getting the battery power assist and when I first power up, the engine runs, but does not stop, the triangle and car icon with ! are on until I clear the code with my scanner.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The car also has difficulty shifting between engine power and battery assist while moderately accelerating.
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.
sounds like your hybrid batteries have gone bad. the auxilliary battery is the normal car battery in the trunk not the hybrid batteries. this will need the have the hybrid batteries replaced.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Mike, thanks for your reply. I did not get a scan code POA80 code (Replace Hybrid Battery). Shouldn't I get that scan code?
I only get P1080. The people from whom I bought the car said they had the hybrid battery replaced and he was a Toyota mechanic in Texas for 46 years. Could there be a problem from some other component?
there could be if you were not using the factory scanner it will showup as the 1080. thats are other components connected to the hybrid battery that can go bad that are not replaced. if he says he replaced the hybrid i would have the other components checked.