Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

What would cause the "door ajar" light on the dash of my 2007

Customer Question

What would cause the "door ajar" light on the dash of my 2007 Toyota Sienna to come on ONLY when the key is turned off?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
...or rather, what specifically is causing the "door ajar" light to come on (and interior lights) only when ignition is turned off.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The door ajar light come on usually do to a sticking door ajar switch located in each door. In order to determine which one is failing you are going to need to connect a scan tool that can read data stream which will show you which one is failing. Once you determine which door it is , the switch will need to be replaced.