mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I was driving and my 2007 matrix died while driving on the

Customer Question

I was driving and my 2007 matrix died while driving on the freeway. After I pulled off. I took the key in and out and it cranked and turned over but died immediately. I swapped to a brand new alternator and battery. The car cranks but does not turn over to start. I pulled out the spark plug. It's completely dry at the bottom. I'm hoping you could help me find the fuel pump relay or/ or fuse. Any other information would help. Thank you
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Car does not start it Comim
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: Iiiiiiii
JA: I think I may have missed something. Could you explain?
Customer: No it doesn't start
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.
hi my name is ***** ***** am a master certified technician and lead diagnostic tech for my shop. i have over 15 years in the industry with 7 years at toyota. i can pull up a location on that fuse for you. but while i am doing that are you able to try and start the car with starting fluid. or have you? NOTE: i have not yet been paid. we are not paid until you have left us a rating. we are paid from you deposit and that is it. and even after the rating if you have any further questions about this topic follow ups are free of charge.
in the under hood fuse box you will want to look at the efi and efi2 fuses. alsothe relay for the pump is the efi relay.