Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Prius: Toyota Prius 2005, the power switch will not shut off

Customer Question

Toyota Prius 2005, the power switch will not shut off the car and the dash display is out.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 8 months ago.
Hello, thanks for postingThis typically happens when the 12 volt auxiliary battery in the trunk is discharged, if the battery is more than 4 years old it will most likely have to be replaced. You can try to jump start it using the access point under the hood in the fuse box next to the left headlight, open the cover and then open the red cover with a plus sign on it, connect the positive lead there and clamp the black lead to ground, if it starts this way the battery should be replaced.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The car is in a "power on" mode. The gas engine will come on when ther accelerater is pressed. I can not shut down the power.
Have you checked the battery that I mentioned?