EricFromCT, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced Level Certified, 17 years dealer experience

I have a 2000 tundra access cab. When I make a fairly hard

Customer Question

I have a 2000 tundra access cab. When I make a fairly hard left turn the passenger side auto door lock comes unlocked on its own. I've noticed at times the dome light and door ajar warning light will flash momentarity also.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just started occurring out of the blue.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
Hi. Often the concern you are having is caused by a worn passenger door jam switch. It is located on the body so when the door closes it hits the switch. If the switch gets worn when you turn and there is pressure on the door it may be enough to release its tension from the switch. You could try swapping the drivers switch with the passenger one and see if the problem is fixed or changes. Let me know how that works out for you.
Thanks for viewing my response. Have you tried moving the switches around? Make any progress at all here?