George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

New rattle noise near exhaust manifold 2005 rav 4. 110,000

Customer Question

New rattle noise near exhaust manifold 2005 rav 4. 110,000 miles. Regular maintenance. Sounds like tin or?
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Toyota Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It just started last week. It has gotten a bit noisier. Mechanic listened with tethers cope but wasn't sure. Wanted to take the head off.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  George H. replied 8 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, The fasteners on the heat shield can corrode and leave the tin shield loose. An inspection of the shield mounting and the exhaust hangers is in order to determine what needs to be repaired. It is usually a simple matter to rehang these parts. Please let me know how I can help you with this Thank you