Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My 2007 prius sometimes hesitates when I accelerate from a

Customer Question

my 2007 prius sometimes hesitates when I accelerate from a stop.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 months ago.
Has there been any warning light on in the display recently?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
new battery, new tires, new plugs, oil changed
On the display when you are accelerating does it show the gasoline engine coming on and providing power to the wheels along with electric power from the HP battery? Do you have a code reader to see if there might be a code set in history or pending in the engine control computer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sure about if engine and electric power come on. will check. I do not have a code reader. I am not familiar with a code reader.
In most states Except California or Virginia they do free malfunction code reads at most auto parts store like AutoZone. It might be worthwhile swinging by there and have them plug a code reader in to see if there's anything set in the engine control computer. The me know when you are accelerating if the hesitation occurs or happens look at the monitor and see engine is running and the electric motor is driving the wheels also. Let me know what you find or if there is a code set.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Went to NAPA and car wont turn on their machine. Same thing at Auto Zone. It doesn't always hesitate. Mostly on slight incline or when engine is cold (shortly after starting to drive). Isn't hesitating now so I cannot answer the question about engine or battery.