Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My name is ***** ***** morning I went to unlock my 2001 Toyota

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** morning I went to unlock my 2001 Toyota Sequoia using my key fobs and it activated the alarm. I had to have a company come and unlock the vehicle for me. Using the key in the driver side door and ignition none of it disables the alarm. I've disconnected and reconnected the battery nothing changes. How do I get around the security system
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: A couple of years old. The guy who unlock the vehicle for us also provides of the roadside assistance he attempted to give us a jumpstart to see if that would make a difference and did not help
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: There was some corrosion on the positive battery terminal I have cleaned it and re-connected to the battery. Should I try jumping again now that the terminal is cleaned?
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
so the vehicle will not crank due to the alarm am i understanding this correctly?