mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I have a 2008 Toyota Tacoma and one of the switches on the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Toyota Tacoma and one of the switches on the master control was bad and I couldn't get the drivers side window to operate properly. I replaced the master control switch with a whole new one. I still have a problem though. The new master switch still doesnt work on the drivers window and it doesnt work on the passengers window. if I try to operate the passenger window from the passenger switch it works. I did check some fuses by doing continuity tests but now I don't know what to do.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.

when you replace a master switch on a toyota you need to do a relearn before it will work properly. the relearn procedure is this go to each window and roll the window down all the way and hold an additional 5 secs then roll it upp all the way and hold another 5 seconds do this at each window with its individual switch. same goes for the drivers position roll the drivers window down all the way and hold an additional 5 seconds the up all the way and another 5 seconds after doing this all windows should work normally from the drivers switch.

if no further assistance is needed i would appreciate a positive rating as this is how we are compensated from the site.