Matt C.
Matt C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician

Oh. my power mirror on my tundra doesnt seem to catch and

Customer Question

oh. my power mirror on my tundra doesnt seem to catch and when i fold or unfold mirrors the drivers side does not respond.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes. it seems that it may have been "jogged back and forth" by vandalizer.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt C. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, when you try to fold and unfold the mirror does it make any sound at all such as a popping or do you hear the motor the motor inside the mirror spinning at all?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no sound
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no movement
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
passenger side works fine
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when i move it manually it catches in two places, but no movement after that.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where i have it for driving it just wobbles where it is.
Expert:  Matt C. replied 7 months ago.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, what you are describing sounds like the gearing on it has broken (for it to be loose like that). Unfortunately the mirror has to be replaced as an assembly, its not something that you can buy individual parts for. I would say, replace the mirror and you should be good shape.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok. thank you.
Expert:  Matt C. replied 7 months ago.

You are welcome, please rate my service if I was helpful to you, and have a great day!