sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

The stereo in my 2014 Rav 4 isn't working. It appears to be

Customer Question

The stereo in my 2014 Rav 4 isn't working. It appears to be in constant reboot mode
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here's a photo
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

That's most likely going to require radio replacement, which will be a covered repair if you're still under basic warranty.

Have you tried a battery disconnect?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No longer under warranty and have not tried battery disconnect. I was hoping for more proactive advice.

How did the problem start?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I noticed over the last couple of months that my touch screen would freeze but I was able to resolve it by holding down the power button. Sometimes it took several tries to fix it. And often it seemed to resolve itself after I turned off the engine and restarted it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm just worried this is going to be a very expensive fix and I was hoping it was something I could do. Cents, my car is just out of warranty by a few weeks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

That's also a sign of an internal radio failure. If it's only out by a few weeks and especially only out by time and not mileage, they'll be able to do a goodwill repair and cover it.

How did the current problem start? Did it happen on it's own, after a jump start, repair, etc?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No jump starts no repairs just regular scheduled maintenance work done on it. I'm out of warranty by almost 10,000 miles. I drive a lot.

Try the battery disconnect and see if that changes anything.

If not then I recommend you see your dealer and explain the situation. They'll be able to do a goodwill repair if you aren't out of warranty by far, and especially if you're a repeat customer. Best case would be they're able to cover it completely, worst case would be you may have to pay a $1-200 deductible.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK I'll try that. Thank you

You're welcome!