Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2010 prius, 103000 miles check hybrid system light came on.

Customer Question

2010 prius , 103000 miles check hybrid system light came on. drove 3 miles to my home.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.

Your best bet is to have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes to see what might be triggering the check hybrid warning.

This warning typically comes on when the HV (high voltage) battery detects a problem with it self. The battery then sends a signal to the main computer which then signals the dash to display the warning message.

If you can get it scanned for trouble codes it would give us an idea of where to look next.

Do you plan to do any diagnosis/ repair yourself?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
not happy with that response, will bring to my repair guy , and get back to you.
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.

With such limited information I'm nor sure what other insight you might be expecting.

Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied; however, the check hybrid system can illuminate for a number of reasons. It would be impossible for me to point you to the exact cause with nothing more than:

"2010 prius , 103000 miles check hybrid system light came on. drove 3 miles to my home"

Did the vehicle run poorly on the way home? Were there any other symptoms? Have you driven the vehicle since?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I understand, I will get back to you,when I get more Info.
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.

Sounds good.

Thanks!