mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

I have 2006 sienna LE. I have code reading PO430. before I

Customer Question

i have 2006 sienna LE. I have code reading PO430. before I start spending $$ on Cat Converter, I want to replace the O2 sensor first. do you know which one i need to replace first>
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have check engine light with vsc and trac light came all at once. so i ran the osd scan and it gave me PO430 code
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.

you are welcome to try replacing the oxygen sensor first but based on my years of experience only like .01 percent of cat codes are an o2 sensor. you will want to replace bank two sensor two o2 sensor which is on the front side of the engine. so if you follow the exhaust manifold from the cylinder head down it will be the oxygen sensor after the cat

if you do not havve any more questions i would appreciate if oyu could take a moment and give me a rating. as i am not compensated until then. of course you will still be able to ask me more questions about this free of charge even after you rate me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you saying that 99.99 percent that I have to replace cat? do you have a diagram of the location? you said that bk2 sensor 2 is on the from side of the engine.... do you mean front of the car?

yes that is what i am saying that 99.99 it is the cat. yes bank two is the radiator side of the engine. i will pull up a diagram of the location if i can. but the exhaust should have a sensor up top on the manifold then one farther down the line after cat. the one after the cat is the one that monitors its efficiency.

you will see it label on the lower left hand side of this picture. it will say heated oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 2

if you are to replace the cat i would still recommend replacing the o2 sensor since most times when removing the exhaust system the shock tends to disrupt them and you can end up getting a code for a heater circuit on the same sensor.

just a reminder we are paid from your deposit after you rate us. until you rate me i receive no credit from the site. and all follow ups are free of charge of course.