Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2003 Sienna Simphony, and having problems with the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Sienna Simphony, and having problems with the tire pressure light for quite some time. Sometimes the pressure was not right, but others the people at the workshop could not tell.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Sorry, big fingers, I did not finish my concern. ;-). I have just changed tires, brand new, and the light was on again. I came back to the workshop and they tell me that the tire valves on my car do not have any sensor, old model they say, therefore cannot be a sensor problem. They keep saying that in my car, the light comes up when the wheels are not leveled, which it is detected by the ABS in the brake system. ??? Are they pulling my leg? or is it true?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Of course not. I am not a mechanic.
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Not right now, I just want to get rid of this annoyance.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Sienna.

have you or anyone tried to reset the TPMS system? The button under the dash.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
multiple times.

What tire pressure are you setting all the tires at?

What size tires are on the vehicle now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
35psi
215-65-15

It looks like your Sienna could come with possibly 2 different tire sizes the 215-65-15 like you have and also 205-70-15. What tire size does it say you need on your drivers door jam?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
215-65-15

Were all the tire purchased and put on at the same time?

Do all the tired have about the same tread depth?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
last time I changed them was yesterday. All equal, same brand, size and installed, balanced and aligned.

It sounds like you have covered everything basic. That would leave just the wiring or the ECU itself which is the ABS ECU. These are both very expensive items. Unfortunately we will not be able to pin this down further by chatting over the internet. So I will leave it there and open the question back up for other Experts to see. If they have seen this, they will respond to you. Thank you for allowing me to help you this far.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your help

My pleasure.