Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I have a question about changing my air filter. I have a

Customer Question

I have a question about changing my air filter. I have a 2005 Toyota Camry. The air filter cabin is screwed in. I was able to unscrew the bolts and replace the air filter. But I'm havin a hard time putting the closing the cabin. It still shows a little of the air filter. Will that effect the car or the air filter? Appreciate your help
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Are you speaking of the Engine air filter?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Ok. Either you have the wrong air filter, it is in upside down, or you have the hinge incorrectly positioned. The hinge part is critical; you need to have it firmly in the correct position or the top of the filter box will not close down. You absolutely need to have the box closed and none of the air filter showing. This is very important. Try removing the filter and then closing the box. If it closes OK, re-examine the filter positioning. If it does not close OK with the filter out, the hinge side needs to be examined and set in the proper position. This is a very common issue, I myself have trouble with these boxes and I have been doing it for years. The hing side always gives me fits.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer