Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

The factory alarm on my 2011 Toyota Sienna is randomly going

Customer Question

Hello. The factory alarm on my 2011 Toyota Sienna is randomly going off (especially overnight). Any thoughts?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well, it's happening after I've locked the car with the factory key fob. Doesn't happen right away. Such as last night, it started going off at 3am. Only thing that makes it stop is unlocking the doors with the key fob.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Was hoping to.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No, other than that I'm the original owner.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 8 months ago.

Hello, along with this problem have you noticed anything like a door ajar light on when doors are closed? or maybe had dome lights stay on/ I ask that because the most common reason for this is one of the door ajar switchs sticking. A good place to start would be lubricating your door latchs and key holes. If it still is doing it, we will need a good scan tool to diagnose.

Also your key fob make sure it has a fresh duracell battery and take it apart and make sure it is clean and dry.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No lights are on on the dash, no doors ajar and no lights on in the interior. I'll try a new battery in the key fob. It is the original but hasn't ever gotten wet or dirty. Is there some sort of reset with a valet switch that may solve the issue?

No but here is what you can do remove both your positive and negative battery cables and clamp them together while they are clamped together cycle your key through all positions and then back to off now rehook your positive cable first then negative, what this does is drain the memory out of every module forcing a reboot of the system

Hello have you had any luck