Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I know nothing about this stuff so forgive me dump

Customer Question

I know nothing about this stuff so forgive me for asking dump questions, would you check to see if the board is cracked and then check all the connection? The check engine light is on now and the code says it is a heat sensor is the problem, but if that is not it, what does the heat sensor do?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 6 months ago.

There is no such thing as a dumb question. What code do you have? There is no 'heat sensor' code in the Toyota OBD-2 structure. Please reply here; no need to open another question.

There are tests for the PC board, using a volt-ohmmeter. Plus a visual inspection.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is strange because that is what the code # ***** why the check engine light was on, I don't know what code # ***** but I trust the guy working on it, known him for 30+ years, he said in his 30+ years he has never seen this problem before with such a cluster problem. Some time in the past the wiring in the truck has been messed with, that he does know, I guess I will print out your answers and let him read them
We need the code from him. There are no heat sensors for the tach and speedo. They work via electronics from the control module and the vehicle speed sensor.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, I will find out,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just talked to him it is the speed sensor code, my mistake!

Replace the speed sensor.