Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

04 Matrix won't start. Was working fine. Stoped at store and

Customer Question

04 Matrix won't start. Was working fine. Stoped at store and won't start. Lights come on, windowds work and everything else works but won't start. A friend came by and moved some wires around and it started but when I stopped the same thing happened again.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: My son checked the fuses and didn't find any bad ones, checked the battery connections, ok
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I am having the car towed to a shop but I've read that even if everything seems like it's working but it won't start it could still be the battery.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  carguy1 replied 6 months ago.

HI there,

Does the engine crank and not start or no cranking at all?