Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified

Installed new battery in 2000 Toyota Tacoma and the only

Customer Question

Installed new battery in 2000 Toyota Tacoma and the only things that work are the headlights and horn
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

There is a good chance that some fuses may have blown during the battery replacement, have you checked the fuses in the box under the hood, there is a larger 140A fuse and a couple of 30/40 A fuses that need to be checked as well. There are two cables coming from the positive battery post, one goes directly to the starter and a smaller one goes directly to the fuse box, make sure these are connected.