Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

I have an AutoPage XT-33 FCC ID H50T21 remote start. The

Customer Question

I have an AutoPage XT-33 FCC ID H50T21 remote start. The existing remote has stopped remote starting (and hence stopping) the car. The unlock and lock buttons still work.
I bought a new AutoPage XT-33 FCC ID H50T21 remote start and tried to program it through the following instructions provided on eBay and on YouTube.
1. Place key in ignition and turn the car On. Off. On. Off. On. Leave the key in ignition.
2. Press the valet button twice. Then hold it pressed the third time until I hear a chirp.
I never heard the chirp so I could not go to the third step to finish programming.
The third step is to push the lock button and then turn the car off and remove the key from ignition.
What's going on which is preventing the proper programming of the fob?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 8 months ago.

What is the Model Number of the Remote Start??
AutoPage XT-33 is the Model Number of the "Remote" ...not the Remote Start
IF you don't know, you will need to find the Main Unit under the dash
Does your XT "chirp" when Locking or Unlocking?
Does your XT "chirp" at all?
Are you sure the XT is not in "Valet Mode"?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

How do I get the model number of the main unit? None of the instructions suggested that I need the model number of the main unit.

XT never chirped.

I have no clue if the XT is in the "valet mode" or not.

??

Please reread my posting
You need to find the "Main Unit" (brain) typically located under Driver Dash
It will have wires going to the Ignition Switch wires, Antenna Plug, Valet Plug, wires going to the Door Locks or Module, etc
The Model Number should be on that.

.

???

I have no clue either, until you post the Model Number
AutoPage makes many Remote Start / Keyless Entry Units

.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I know where the unit is. How do I get the model number from it?

should be on Label or stamped on it

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Checked with the installer.

The model number is ***** RS603.

Thank you for the added info...........
As far as the "chirp", if you do not have the AutoPage Alarm Horn under the hood, you will not hear a "chirp"

You can only Program "4" Transmitters
IF you are not sure how many have been Programmed, then you will need to have a Specialist Erase.

1.Turn the Ignition Switch OFF / ON "3" times & leave in ON position

2. Within 15 seconds, Press the valet button "2" times, holding it pressed the 2nd push.
until you hear a "long chirp" and the LED starts to FLASH, then release the Valet Switch
You are now in Programming Mode
NOTE, IF you do not have the Alarm Horn, "listen carefully" for the Main Unit under dash to make a click.
3. Press the LOCK Button on the Transmitter until you hear a "chirp" & a FLASH from the PARKING LIGHTS & the LED turns ON
.
IF the above does not work, & you do not have the Alarm Horn, then the best thing to do is connect a Alarm Horn to the Main Unit