Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2004 4Runner Limited and have a heater/air control

Customer Question

I have a 2004 4Runner Limited and have a heater/air control issue. For instance when I want to have air blow (heat or A/C) through defrost only and switch to blow through the floor vents only, air still blows through the window defrost vents. If I want no flow and push the off button, the air still blows through vents (it is faint) but still circulates air. When in off, if I push the defrost button it turns the defrost on to full fan and bypasses the last setting. Is this a servo motor issue?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

When you press off, if you get a faint amount of air flow from the vents while moving then its the air flowing across the car into the fresh air intake. You can not stop all air flow.

When you are wanting floor and getting some defrost air flow, give or take what percentage of air are you getting form the floor vents and from the defrost vents?

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris