mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Have a 2014 Camry whose AC works sometimes (great) and then

Customer Question

Have a 2014 Camry whose AC works sometimes (great) and then not at all some other times.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.

how many miles are on your camry?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
13k

how often does it not work wand when

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It really doesn't matter as far as time it almost chooses when it wants to. But it works everyday and like every other chooses not to now I feel it's getting up to everyday

this could be a number of things including the heater control unit in the center dash. the vehicel should still be under manufacture warranty, you best option would be to have the dealer look at it under warranty.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's outside of warranty. Bought used and in an accident.

oh ok i understand. diagnosing a/c systems can be tricky without it being hooked up to the a/c machine to monitor the pressures to see if you have a pressure issue. i would assume most of the electrical components are okay consider it does work. and if you say its becoming f=more frequent it may be a small leak in the system causing the pressures to lower make it shut off or not work more. you will need to take it to a local shop that has the proper equipment to hook up and monitor the gauges.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, so I could have already have taken it to a shop since I don't have gauges, but I was hoping you would be able to eliminate any other possible issues before doing so. Is there nothing else than can be check beforehand.

thats were you need to start really. you can look at the compressor when it is not working to see if the compressor is on or off. if it is on then you have possible a stuck exspansion valve or plugged oriface tube.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. I don't want to pay you

well i dont take the payment. you deal with just answer on that you just have to rate me to finish.