Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Toyota Avalon 2000 beeping alarm went off, Car seemed to

Customer Question

Toyota Avalon 2000 beeping alarm went off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Car seemed to slip??momentarily like braking on its own
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome ot Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The 2000 Avalon, with ABS and traction control, will make a noise if the wheels encounter a spin condition. When this happens, the brakes are automatically applied a bit (by the ABS module) to slow down the spinning wheels, and transfer power to the other side wheel (this is what traction control is). The noise is normal, as is the weird braking feeling.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.