Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1999 Toyota solara temp. Won't change from hot to cold just

Customer Question

1999 Toyota solara temp. Won't change from hot to cold just keeps blowing hot air, low pressure is cold up to the firewall
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I won't get any cold air in the car, I keep getting the same hot air..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I just replaced the actuator for the mode option, I was hoping that would take care of problem
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just searching why I get nothing but hot air. Is there an other actuator for the climate?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: What's the control head does?? Is that maybe something I should consider doing next?
JA: Our top Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please do this test for me: Start the car and turn on the AC. With your hand, feel the temperature of the 2 aluminum tubes that enter the firewall. Advise if they are both cold, one cold and one hot, one cold and one warm, etc. Then advise. Thanks.

Additionally, when the AC is on, verify that the compressor clutch is engaged and turning.