Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified

I have a 2003 Toyota ghlander that gets intermittent sunroof

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Toyota highlander that gets intermittent sunroof leaks. They show up on the windshield pillar on each side, It is evident at the interierior pillar cover and the ceiling cover. How do I fix it. My attempts have been inconsistent.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 7 months ago.

Hello, the most common cause for this is that the drain tubes at the front corners of the suunroof frame are either split or came loose from the plastic tube connectors on the sunroof frame, this allows water to leak inside the "A" pillars.

You'll need to drop the sunroof down at the front enough to see and reach where the drain tubes are connected, remove the sunvisors and any overhead control panels in the front as well as the plastic pillar covers, this should allow enough access to the area to inspect and possibly re attach the tubes using small clamps.