Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma with 18000 miles and sometimes

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma with 18000 miles and sometimes after starting once I back onto the street and accelerate it stalls but does not die.It is like it has an air lock and not getting fuel.After sitting for a few seconds at a stand still with foot pressed on the gas pedal almost to the floor it begins to be just fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Only that it is being serviced regularly.
JA: Our top Toyota Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Toyota Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Toyota Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds to me a lot like you have a very dirty throttle plate. This is the device on the front of the intake manifold that allows air to enter the engine, and is controlled by application of the accelerator pedal. If it gets dirty (carbon builds up on this plate, a by product of the PCV system), the operation of the plate is impeded. When this happens, the engine hesitates when applying pressure on the accelerator pedal. The very first thing I would do if this vehicle was in my shop would be to inspect the throttle body, and, if found to be dirty, we would clean it out. This service usually runs about $79.95

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.