camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I blew a spark plug in my car need a heli coil put in where

Customer Question

I blew a spark plug in my car need a heli coil put in where spark plug goes in without taking head off who can I get to fix it ??
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

hi im kevin most garages will have the tools to do this nowadays you can buy sparks plug thread repair kits

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yeah I bought one car ain't going I was looking for some one to come out and fix it I'm in blue mountains at Wentworth falls ??
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.
I can't help with that another tech may know il opt out
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.
Hello how can i help
Expert:  camerontech replied 8 months ago.

hi there,

im cam.

I have located a mobile repair service in wentworth falls, that do major repairs .

I would give them a call as this is a basic procedure and they should be able to handle it

let me know how you make out!

here is the link:

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/nsw/wentworth-falls/lube-mobile-the-mobile-mechanics-14755978-listing.html

cam

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey Can I had lube mobile come out a week ago and he was here for 2 min and said to me he doesn't do that and gave me a number for a specialist that does it so I rang him and he's based down at Glenmore Park and said it's not worth his while to travel up here .. I reckon myself the bloke from lube mobile was in a hurry to get home
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when u ring them can you ask if there qualified to do it etc .. thanks Cam

I would give them an email an ask for them to send a tech that has heli coil experience and not send one that hasnt done one before. Im actually suprised that the guy didnt do them as It is a pretty basic and common repair and shouldnt require a "specialist"..
have you thought about trying to do it yourself? there are quite a few videos instructing how to do them.