Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2001 Toyota prius will not move, center lamp on dash on red

Customer Question

2001 Toyota prius will not move, center lamp on dash on red battery not sure whats up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just got car not sure. it was said that the inverter was bad one man thought. If inverter not working what issues might I see. scanned car for codes and put battery charger on last night. was going to due some reading to night and see what I can start looking at..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done is to have the vehicle scanned for fault codes with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.If you used a scan tool that isnt fully compatible or that cannot communicate with all computers this will show no codes found in some cases.If you can get the codes checked with a scan tool that can read all computers then post any codes here this will help.

This can be an issue with the main or hybrid battery or possibly an inverter fault with this light on the dash.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete