Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

We have a 2013 toyota corolla. My husband is on the road,

Customer Question

HI, We have a 2013 toyota corolla. My husband is on the road, and just stopped to fill up with gas. Now the car won't start, or turn over. Can you help with suggestions?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It was working just fine. He stopped for gas. Now when he tries to restart the car, it does nothing except a small whistle like sound when the key is turned. the panel lights go on when he turns the key.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: he is calling me on the phone to get help.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: he is wondering if it's something to do with the security system. He is on the way to a conference.
JA: Our top Toyota Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Toyota Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Toyota Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Customer: Okay.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 months ago.

Can you get him to post an audio clip with the sound? Does the noise sound like it's coming from under the hood? Does he have anyone that can turn the key to the start position while he videotapes what's going on under the hood on a cell phone and post a link to me here?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I'm sorry he cannot do that. He is at this moment checking the battery.
If the noise is coming from the starter area it's possible could be a low state of charge in the battery if it's a rapid clicking sound and the wiper blades and headlights go dim or the wiper slow down then he needs to get a jumpstart it's probably just a low state of charge in the battery. Let me know how this goes or I can submit a phone consultation offer and he can call me and discuss this or I can listen to it while he's on the phone that may help get him on the road.