Waverly Lorello
Waverly Lorello, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Automotive Technician L1, L2

2005 Toyota sienna right side sliding door will open with

Customer Question

2005 Toyota sienna right side sliding door will open with button but will not close all the way and lock. so the open door light is on and the annoying sound won't stop unless you turn off the sliding door from the dash.
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the part # ***** the part has a motor inside that releases the latch.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Waverly Lorello replied 7 months ago.

Hi im Waverly

I can help you with this but first i need a little more information

If you turn off the sliding door does it open and close manually

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Open not close and lock.

There are multiple sensors in the door that command close. If you have access to a oem equivalent scan tool it can be diagnosed and repaired.

The most likely cause is the cable motor assembly, However it should be diagnosed with a scan tool

I have included the service manual which has ALL THE REPAIR for the door you need to select which part you are going to replace and then make the decision if you are comfortable working on the door

Please rate the HELP i have given you

Feel free to ask anymore questions you may have