Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified

I was cleaning the battery post on 04 Corolla LE. I

Customer Question

I was cleaning the battery post on 04 Corolla LE. I accidently touched the the hot cable to a ground. The ground was already on the battery. Now the starter wont engage. Also everything electrical was acting whacky. Horn emergerncy sounded, parking lights flashing etc....
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I disconnected the positive battery post and accidently touch the battery mounting screw that tightens down the battery. Now wont start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 7 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

It's very possible that a couple of fuses blew when this happened, have you checked fuses under the hood and inside under the dash? Especially the larger higher amp rated fuses that are larger than the rest?

Check the main fuse in the box under the hood, it should be a large 12-14-A fuse with a clear cover on it.