Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

This isAgnes. we have problem with 07 toyota corolla with

Customer Question

Hi this isAgnes. we have problem with 07 toyota corolla with B2799 code. I found you you gave another customer some info and procedure how to deal with this code. is any ***** ***** you can help us as well? this is exactly same situation.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the main problem was code P0607. we replace a ECU for used one but with number 89661-02K53 which toyota receomended. now we wrote the Vin to ECU but still have a code B2799.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. What I think you have here is an in issue with the transponder ECU, as the B2799 indicates these issues:

• Error in communication between Engine Control Module and the transponder key ECU assembly, and in communication line
  • Different communication ID is used for communication between transponder key ECU and ECM

Assuming it starts, I would next consider diagnosis of the transponder system.

I would also make sure that there are no other keys in this vehicle. An incorrect key present in the vehicle might be recognozed by the transponder coil and register the incorrect key. This will also set a 2799 code

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we tested 3 computers already include new one. problem is that after writing a VIN to ecu and go for a test drive car is in limp mode after 3-4 miles driving and receiving P0607 code for ecu computer malfunction. when VIN is rewriting the situation starts, test drive and again same code. one used ecu had an immobilizer code and we bridge pin 4 and 16 for 30 minutes and were able to erase the code which was not came but same situation with ecu malfunction again. Now I have one more used computer with immobilizer code and want to have more info as we suspect some problem over there but do not know why it get limp mode and throw ecu malfunction after short test drive?

Sounds to me like your software to write the VIN is not working properly.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but after writing a VIN car starts and drive. we use Bosch scanner so it suppose to be OK and we got confirmation Vin was write successfully

You need the Toyota scanner to write properly. I think you are only writing to the ECM, not to the transponder ECU, which needs to pair. .