Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Bob 2007 sequoia with the 4 lo lite flashing but not in 4wd

Customer Question

bob 2007 sequoia with the 4 lo lite flashing but not in 4wd and everthing but 4wd works and that happened 2 weeks ago
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we were driving through extensive water and puddles and a bunch of the lite came on after f'ing around when we got to a safe place the best we could get is a 2wd sequoia with the 4 lo lite flashing. The car runs fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The 4X4 light flashing indicates the system is seeing a fault and when this happens the system will detect it and set a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause.