Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 2006 scion tc the sunroof is in the closed

Customer Question

i have a 2006 scion tc the sunroof is in the closed position. when I try to open it all I hear is a click on the control button. what would be the solution to getting the sunroof to function
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Make sure the 20 amp Sroof fuse is good.If this fuse is blown it needs replaced.If this fuse is o.k. this can be due to an internal electrical fault in the sn roof control ecu itself needing replaced.The switch sends a signal to this ecu to control the sunroof.The motor for the sun roof can also cause this if it is faulty as well.

What will have to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicates with all computers then from there any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.The signals from the switch and control ecu will need checked as well using a scan tool that will plug in and monitors the signals from the switch and ecu to see if one needs replaced here.

I have seen both fail before causing this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete