Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Wifes toyota rav4 limited heater blower motor not working,

Customer Question

wifes toyota rav4 limited heater blower motor not working
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: thats all i can tell you
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: at the diagnosis stage
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: it is the limited so it has the electronic controls, all of the controls seem to work, just the blower is not responding
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** year? Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2009 limited
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Do you have automatic or manual climate controls? Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think automatic. It displays temp and fan speed in digital
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

This most likely means the blower motor itself has failed. To test, at the blower motor 3 pin connector when the blower is not working, verify that the White wire has battery voltage from the 50 amp HTR Fuse in the Engine Room R/B assembly on the left side under the hood. The White/Black wire should have less than .1 volts when backprobed. This ground is located on the left hand Instrument Panel brace.. Red wire should have 5 volt square wave that changes with the blower motor speed control change coming from the A/C amplifier assembly connector D37 pin 23. If all are good then replace the blower motor. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxuqv8j7tjm072u/bmrr1.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the blower motor is not behind glove box, I have to remove the control panel and radio?
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

That is correct. You may be able to access and remove from behind glovebox but I haven't tried it. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, thanks.